The Student News Site of Little Rock Christian Academy

The Warrior Times

The Warrior Times

The Warrior Times

Refuge Reaches Beyond LRCA

Student worship night for all students, not just those attending Little Rock Christian
Refuge is a student-led worship night held at Little Rock Christian Academy.

Refuge is becoming more open to high school students from other schools this year by reaching out to them through social media and connections through friends. Refuge is a high school student-led worship service with student speakers and a student band. 

Ms. Sarah Jones, the Director of Spiritual Life, said, “Refuge is a way for our students to live out the Little Rock Christian mission by welcoming in students from all schools in Central Arkansas.” In fact, this year there are three students from a different high school who are a part of the Refuge band.

One way students reach out to others is through connections from different youth groups and churches. This gives a variety of people from all churches and schools, so that you always have a friend you know from outside of LRCA. 

The group’s mission is based off of Psalm 91, where you can find the word refuge multiple times. The first Refuge for the school year was held on Monday, September 12 in Warrior Hall; others will be held monthly in the same location. 

Refuge has been a great opportunity for students all over Little Rock to lead in a fun and unique way allowing them to worship the Lord together all in one place. “The call to serve families, churches, and the community does not just stop at faculty and staff,” Ms. Jones said. “It’s for every member of the Warrior family.”

This story was originally published in Volume 12, Issue 2 of The Warrior Times.