The Student News Site of Little Rock Christian Academy

The Warrior Times

The Warrior Times

The Warrior Times

Seniors Prepare for Scholarship Deadlines

Don’t be too late! Learn more about upcoming scholarship opportunity deadlines.
Kennedy Coyle
Scholarship deadlines are upon us.

February is an important month for seniors with scholarship deadlines approaching quickly. Many schools have already closed their priority scholarship applications, but there are still various opportunities for outside scholarships. If you plan on attending a Christian college, the Chant Thompson Legacy Scholarship gives $1,000 to students who have a minimum of a 3.2 GPA and complete a short essay question. This scholarship closes on March 1. 

For girls interested in joining a sorority, the National Panhellenic Conference scholarship is offering $2,000 to applicants who submit a resume, letter of support, and a short essay. This program was created to support the atmosphere of sorority sisterhood. While it is requested that the applicant joins a sorority, it is not required. The deadline for NPC is March 10. Boys interested in joining a fraternity can apply for the Men’s College Scholarship. The only requirements are proof that you are a high school senior and access to a U.S. bank account. Supported by fraternity alumni, the Men’s College will award $50,000 in scholarships by April 1.

Another great way to earn scholarship money is by entering raffles. The McLarty Auto Group randomly selects a senior each month until May for a cash prize. Citizens Bank has a grand prize of $15,000 awarded on June 30. They also have monthly drawings for $2,500 throughout the school year. Both of the raffles take under a minute to sign up for and require no documentation.