The Student News Site of Little Rock Christian Academy

The Warrior Times

The Warrior Times

The Warrior Times

What’s the ‘Dill’ with Pickleball?

Read about this new spin on a classic sport
J Elrod and Joseph Mocek play pickleball in style.

The pickleball club at Little Rock Christian was formed by senior J Elrod and alumni Joseph Mocek in 2022. “I’m looking forward to getting people together to play because it’s fun and is a different way to connect with people,” J said. He also said that it is a great sport to meet new people and make new friends. Compared to last year, the club has grown to more than 130 people across all grades, whereas last year the club mostly consisted of seniors.

A new amenity of LRCA will be a pickleball court near the high school. J expects to start working on the court after homecoming. “It’ll help to give everyone a place to play whenever they want,” he said. The court will help J’s vision for the club come to life by giving people a place to practice with their friends and prepare for upcoming tournaments. The student body can also help by practicing so they can beat teams from other schools. He hopes many people utilize the new courts to play and make friends.

This year J hopes to host some tournaments for whoever wants to play and possibly even against teams from other schools. The club is a great way to connect with people of various ages and make lifelong friendships. Even though it is not an Arkansas Activities Association (AAA) sanctioned sport, pickleball seems to always be in season.