The Student News Site of Little Rock Christian Academy

The Warrior Times

The Warrior Times

The Warrior Times

Football Ranks #1 in Arkansas

Peek behind the curtain of LRCA’s highly anticipated campaign
Macy Penick
Students show school spirit at the Western themed game against Shiloh Christian.

Warrior football was named the Hootens Arkansas Football Preseason number one pick, and that ranking is now being put to the test. The publicity upped the pressure for the team, especially when going up against bigger schools. They started the year strong with a 63-0 win against Central, showing the hard work they’ve put in during the off season. 

Eric Cohu, head football coach for LRCA, emphasized the Warrior Way in coaching, constantly pushing the team to grow. “Life is all about faith,” Cohu said, “and everyone puts faith into someone or something. I want to emphasize that the only way to have peace is to have faith in God.” He also realized that his players are either playing for themselves or for God, and he wants to lead the team to honor Christ through their teamwork. 

Another challenge the Warriors are facing this season is being in a tough and competitive division against schools with much longer rosters. Cohu believes that hard work and perseverance are key to overcoming obstacles. “Those are the times in football (and life) that we can become stronger and resilient. There are millions of excuses exponentially for failure. There’s only one way to succeed and that’s by finding a way,” he said. The expectations for this year are high, but according to Cohu, the team’s main goal is to grow and get better as the season progresses. 

One way to support the Warriors is by going to games. The student sections so far this year have been lively and fun with music, confetti poppers and more. A full student section can make or break a game, and the creative themes and unapologetic school spirit guarantees a good time.

This story was originally published in the Warrior Times Volume 13, Issue 1.