The Student News Site of Little Rock Christian Academy

The Warrior Times

The Warrior Times

The Warrior Times

WLR Social Creates New Hangout

Enjoy some tea at the newest student hotspot!
Warrior Pom enjoys tea at the Social.
Warrior Pom enjoys tea at the Social.

Since the Social’s opening in May, West Little Rock has gotten to experience a new hangout spot for teenagers just off of campus. Laura Mays and her husband own the Social, and have been encouraged by the community’s support. Mays said she wanted to create a positive environment where people wanted to be, and that’s what she did. “Seeing the kids come in here after school and on the weekends, that lets me know that I’ve created a third space,” Mays said. “Not school, not home, but a safe place to come and hang out.” Her vision has been brought to life, and she said she feels no need to change it. 

Mays and her husband have previously opened locations similar to the Social, but they have always wanted to open one close to home and LRCA, where their daughter attends. Mays said her favorite thing about having a location in Little Rock is that she gets to build her center of influence in the community in which she lives. Additionally, it has given her eighth grade daughter an opportunity to grow relationships with the older kids at school. 

The Social has impacted Little Rock in multiple ways, one being helping people to start eating healthy. They provide alternatives for quick and easy fast food options like drinks that replenish energy. Mays said she hopes to continue providing healthy options while hosting fun events like the “Sip and Paint” and “Toddler Story Time” once a month. 

They are different from other small Herbalife companies because they are very relational. By getting to know customers and creating a different vibe than anything West Little Rock has seen, its success has surpassed Mays’ and her husband’s dreams. 

A fun perk of having The Social close by is that they give out gameday discounts on Fridays so make sure to stop in and get a drink with an LRCA sticker on it, or order Mays’s favorite tea, The Southern Bell, if you are wanting something sweet with a boost of collagen.

This story was originally published to the Warrior Times Volume 13 Issue 2.