The Student News Site of Little Rock Christian Academy

The Warrior Times

The Warrior Times

The Warrior Times

SGA Grows Student Life

Take a peek behind the scenes of LRCA’s Student Government
Ava Martin
LRCA’s SGA for 2023

The Student Government Association (SGA), is taking action to grow, and improve the high school experience. Through the hard work of their student officers, planning, and fresh ideas, Student Body President Sunnie Woodard has innovative plans set in place for the upcoming school year.

Participating in SGA positions throughout her high school years, Sunnie, a senior, is in position to recognize the changes. “Each officer is taking ownership with how they’re leading,” Sunnie said. “We’re trying to change the high school for years to come and are creating new things that will make it better for everyone.”

Although SGA is known and respected, there are misconceptions about what they do. “Sometimes, it can seem like not that much goes into it,” Sunnie said.

Significant time and thought goes into planning each event, pep rally, and fundraiser, Sunnie said. Making sure everyone knows their position and knows their roles is key. “If we’re doing a skit, the whole entire script is created,” Sunnie said. “It’s a lot of work, and our directors of school spirit are over that. They do a really good job of that.”

One thing Sunnie values as a leader is active growth and change. “There’s a lot of years that it can seem like you’re changing things and it’s getting bad reviews,” she said. “But when you think about all the hard work that goes into it, the tiniest little details make the student experience better.”

Sunnie encouraged the underclassmen to buy into what the high school has to offer. “Your four years in high school go by really fast, so starting young and having school spirit makes the student experience so much better.”

If they feel called to, Sunnie believes that everyone should try some position of leadership. “If you are interested, try it!” she said. “You change so much throughout the year, and the experience is completely unique. You can’t get it anywhere else. Be a leader as Christ was if you feel called to!”

In 10 years’ time, Sunnie said she hopes that SGA continues to stay proactive and builds upon what the current SGA members have started. “Take big risks to change things,” Sunnie said. “Be self-governed. Try new things. Bring in new ideas. Create new products. Change things out. That is a launchpad for the next 5-10 years.”

This story was originally published in the Warrior Times Volume 13 Issue 2.