The Student News Site of Little Rock Christian Academy

The Warrior Times

The Warrior Times

The Warrior Times

Students Spread Kindness on Campus

Learn about LRCA’s kindness epidemic
Club members create cards of encouragement for incoming freshmen.

Through LRCA´s Spread Kindness Club, high school students have taken the initiative to promote that ¨Kindness is Contagious.¨ 

¨For me, spreading kindness looks like greeting people in the hallways and being intentional by asking people how they are, whether that be my friends, teachers, or the lunch staff,¨ Josh Brunson, senior and president of the club, said. In 2021, Adison Halbert founded Spread Kindness. After graduation, she handed over the leadership to Josh Brunson. 

With more than 100 members, Spread Kindness is one of the most popular clubs on campus. Members are committed to bringing awareness to causes, creating motivational chalk art, leading fundraisers such as Christmas Candy Grams, and writing personal cards to freshmen entering high school. 

According to the Arkansas Department of Education under the Arkansas LEARNS Act, high school students must serve their community for 75 hours to graduate from public schools. Starting this year at LRCA, 9th-12th graders must each complete at least 20 service hours. 

Christians are the hands and feet of Christ, therefore serving should be a part of life. Galatians 5: 22-23 says to embody the fruit of the Spirit, including kindness, in our everyday life. Serving others is a gift no matter how little or big. God uses Christians in a unique way to spread His glory. 

The benefits of being kind are limitless and are described as a domino effect. ¨When we show kindness to others, it often inspires them to pay it forward and be kind to someone else,¨ Josh said.

This story was originally published in the Warrior Times Volume 13, Issue 4.